5TH COURSE. DIDACTIC UNIT 1. INTRODUCING YOURSELF. (READING COMPREHENSION)


Read the following letter. Then choose the correct option for the different questions:

     Hi, how are you?.

     My name is Craig and I´m ten years old.

    I am English because I was born in England, but I am also British because England is part of Great Britain and is in the UK.

     I live in a typical English family. I have a father, mother and a sister and we all live together in our house in a town in the south east corner of England. At the back of our house we have our garden where I play with my sister.

     We have two cars because both my mum and dad need ir for work. My parents have laptops but my sister and I use our tablets for schoolwork. We also watch videos and have videomeetings with our friends. . Mum and dad both have mobile phones and I am hoping to get one when I start secondary education.

     The day starts at about 7 o'clock when Dad and mum get up. My sister and I usually watch telly in our pyjamas (night clothes) until breakfast. We have breakfast at 8 o' clock.

     I like to eat Rice Krispies (cereal) and jam on toast. I also drink a glass of milk. My mum usually only has toast, a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. Dad likes to have a fried breakfast consisting of baked beans, bacon, tomatoes,mushrooms, two eggs and a sausage

     After breakfast, my sister and I, put on our school uniform. I wear grey trousers, a white shirt and a blue sweat shirt.

     My favourite subjects at school are science and history. My favourite topic in history is learning about the ancient Egyptians. I also enjoy PE  lessons - we play football, netball, cricket and sometimes we go cross-country running.

What about you?

Write soon.

          Craig

1. He studies grade
  a) three   b) four   c) five  d) six

2. He is from:
a) Ireland     b) Scotland  c) Northern Ireland  d) England

3. He lives in a:
 a) hut  b) flat  c) apartment  d)house

4. He
a) is an only child  b) has one brother   c has one brother and one sister  d) has a sister

5. He already has a mobile
a) Yes  b) NO

6. He has breakfast at:
a) Seven   b) eight  c) seven thirty   d) nine

7. His home has:
a) a garage   b) a garden    c) a swimming pool   d) a playground  

8. He doesn´t wear a school uniform:
  a) True   b) False

9. In his family, who eats the English breakfast?
  a) Dad   b) his sister   c) Mum   d) Craig 

10.  His favourite subjects are:
 a) PE and Science   b) Science and History   c) HIstory and PE    d) History and Sports

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIDACTIC UNIT 11. 6TH COURSE. LONDON PROJECT 3.2. WHICH IS WHICH?

LONDON PROJECT. FOOD: FISH & CHIPS