6TH COURSE. DIDACTIC UNIT 1. INTRODUCING YOURSELF (READING COMPREHENSION)


Read the following letter and then choose the correct option each of the following questions.

Dear Michael:
     I was very glad to receive your letter. You asked me how I spent my holidays.

     Well, I did many different things. I swam in the pool and played some sports with my friends. We also went to beautiful places by bike and had picnics there.

     I also went to the cinema and the mountains.

    My parents rented a cottage in the French Pyrinees and we wen trekking and climbed some mountains.

    We saw amazing places and lakes.

    In August we went to Cyprus. We spent two weeks there going to the beach everyday and visiting many interesting sites. The only problem was that it was far too hot for me there.

    How about your summer holidays? Did you have fun?

   I hope you had a wonderful summer too!!

   Sorry but I have to leave now. My mum needs some help at home.

   Looking forward hearing from you.

   All the best.

             Tom

1. He´s writing to:
    a) Michael    b) Tom    c) Peter     d) John

2. They spent part of their holidays in:
   a) Spain      b) France    c) Switzerland   d) Turkey

3. They also visited a country whose capital city is:
  a) Ankara    b) Madrid     c) Nicosia    d) Valletta

4.  He stayed there for:
 a) one week    b) two weeks   c) three weeks   d) a month

5. At home he:
a) helps    b) doesn´t help

6. He didn´t ....... with his friends
a) go abroad    b) go to the cinema   c) have picnics   d) play sports

7. In the mountains they stayed in:
a) a hut    b) a detached  c) a tent   d) a cottage

8. In the Pyrinees he:
a) went trekking   b) skied   c) went hunting  d) skated

9. The weather on the beach was:
  a) cold   b) warm  c) hot  d) too hot

10. He wants Michael to write back:
  a) Yes   b) No

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIDACTIC UNIT 11. 6TH COURSE. LONDON PROJECT 3.2. WHICH IS WHICH?

LONDON PROJECT. FOOD: FISH & CHIPS